We have a number of subjects which you can apply to train to teach in:-
Modern Foreign Languages
PE (With an EBACC subject)
A number of the above subjects attract bursaries and incentives of up to £32,000 whilst you train and as early career payments. Please contact us for more details.
What will the training involve?
- The course will run from the start of September 2020 until June 2021.
- At least 170 days’ training across at least 2 different schools.
- Gradualised approach to teacher training.
- Wide range of partner schools across Tyne & Wear
- 3 weeks enhancement placements – Primary, Special School and 6th Form.
- One day per week training off-site focused development of pedagogy and subject knowledge, led by a wide range of experts.
- Individual subject mentor and professional mentor – weekly mentor sessions.
- Nationally recognised QTS qualification – 11-16 QTS (now offer primary additionally).
- PGCE with University of Cumbria
- All applications are via UCAS.
Get in touch with us to find out more via the “Contact us” page. We look forward to speaking to you regarding your route into teaching.